The history of our practice started back in the 1920’s when Dr. A.H. Malerich, Sr. graduated from the University of Minnesota Dental School and started a dental practice on Mainstreet in Hopkins. It was on the second floor of the old 1st National Bank Building.
Years later, Dr. Malerich’s son, A.H. Malerich, Jr. also became a dentist. He too graduated from the University of Minnesota. First he served in WWII as a dentist/oral surgeon, later he joined his fathers practice in Hopkins.
The Hopkins community continued to grow and business was good. In 1959, Dr. Malerich, Jr. began construction and built the building where our current practice now resides. Dr. Marlerich, Sr. died in 1967. Dr. Malerich, Jr. took on a series of associates, the last one being Dr. Alan Hatcher in 1979.
Dr. Hatcher purchased the practice in 1983 and Dr. Malerich, Jr. retired from dentistry in 1985. Dr. Hatcher brought in a partner in 2004, Dr. Kris Bomstad. Dr. Bomstad assumed full responsibility for the practice in 2009.
As they say, some things change and some things stay the same. From our beginning days back in the 1920’s, this practice has always been a preventive based, family-oriented practice, with a small town feel. After all, Hopkins was a small town until the 1970’s. We specialize in taking care of all our patients like they are our friends and family and hope to continue that principal, while keeping up to date with products, materials and techniques in dentistry.